Thursday, January 29, 2009

Oklahoma

So I went to Oklahoma last weekend to see my brother graduate from flight school.
.......There is nothing in Oklahoma.


Clearly excited to be there.


The only cool part of Oklahoma that I saw was Oklahoma City. We went to the OK City bombing memorial which was really beautiful. The reflection pool lays where the office building used to stand, and to the right there are rows and rows of empty chairs signifying the people who died in the bombing.










It's just sad that so many people died here, including about 20 children. The fence on the outside of the memorial was covered in memorabilia from the people that died. There were stuffed animals, dolls, necklaces, notes, flowers. It's scary to think that you could be anywhere, like at work in an office building in probably the most boring state there is, and something like this could happen.

But enough of me being morbid. Everything in my life seems to be going pretty well lately.

2 comments:

James McAuley January 29, 2009 at 5:35 PM  

There isn't "nothing" in Oklahoma. I have lots of family there!

and ps. Very nice pictures of the memorial.

Maddie McGarvey Photography January 29, 2009 at 5:49 PM  

haha sorry. I guess I was just in a really boring part of Oklahoma (mostly stuck on an Air Force base). I'm sure there is a lot more out there that I didn't get to see!

and thanks!